Tuesday 27 March 2012

Capsicum Ring (Bell Pepper Ring)



Ingredients
Capsicum – 2 (You can use any color)
Besan   - 1 Cup
Rice Flour – 1/2 Cup
Cumin seeds  - 1/2 Tsp
Red chilli Powder – 1 Tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida – A pinch (Optional)
Baking Powder – A pinch (optional)
water
salt
Oil

Preparation
  • Wash the capsicum and remove the seeds. Slice them into rings.
  • In a bowl add besan,rice flour,cumin seeds,salt,chilli powder and turmeric powder (Add optional ingredients if you want) .
  • add water into it and make a smooth batter.
  • Heat oil in a pan.
  • Dip capsicum ring into the batter one at a time and put it into the oil.
  • Turn it occasionally and fry till both sides become golden brown.
  • Enjoy capsicum ring with tea.


Cheers !!!
Minu

Sending this recipe to Cooking with Love - Granddad series event hosted by Shama
                                    Gimme GREEN!  hosted by Rosh


7 comments:

  1. hai minu
    thank you for the lovely recipe....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Minu, I am glad you like my recipes. Did you make kozhikkal for your hubby? I love your recipes too. Wish you all the best. http://mouthwateringfoodrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful recipe. Thanks a lot for sharing this on my space :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my space and very glad to follow ur space too... capsicum ring reminds of my mom .. i love this one very much .. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a fellow blogger. Just wanted to bring to your attention that this website has stolen pictures from your website and have been presenting as their own. They stole my pictures as well. I noticed yours too, and so thought I would bring it to your attention. They have also altered the picture by removing the logo and have not given credit to original source:

    http://jainrasoi.com/snacks-starters/capsicum-rings

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=422583544470530&set=a.421805114548373.102222.332204543508431&type=1&theater

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sonal...I already sent a message to the owner of that site.

    ReplyDelete